Coviu Online Video Consultations
HealthKit integrates the Coviu online video consultations platform so that you can see and treat patients online through your HealthKit. The Coviu platform is backed by the CSIRO, is secure and works with high speed and low speed internet. You and your patients do not need to download software to use Coviu. HealthKit makes seeing patients online as easy as seeing patients face to face. Because Coviu is integrated into your HealthKit, your HealthKit can:
- process patient appointment fee payments automatically at the time of the appointment,
- create invoices automatically; and
- and send reminders,
for online consultations in the same way as for traditional appointments.
- 1 How to connect your Coviu account with your HealthKit
- 2 Seeing patients online in HealthKit and Coviu
- 3 Disconnecting your Coviu account from your HealthKit
- 4 Videos
How to connect your Coviu account with your HealthKit
You can sign up to Coviu and link your Coviu account to your HealthKit in the following way:
- Go to the Coviu website and signing up for a Professional Plan (which you can do here using the same email address that you use in HealthKit (Coviu Professional Plans can be integrated with other software);
- Go to the Settings page under the Profile tab in your HealthKit;
- Click the Edit icon next to Online Consultations under Clinical Integrations, which takes you to the Authorization page in your Coviu account; and
- Click the Authorize button to link your Coviu and your HealthKit.
Your Coviu account and HealthKit are connected, which you can see listed under Clinical Integrations on your Settings page.
You can add practitioners in your practice listed on your Users page to your Coviu account, and connect them to your Coviu account and HealthKit. All practitioners connected to your Coviu account are shown in the Coviu section of Clinical Integrations.
Seeing patients online in HealthKit and Coviu
After you have linked your HealthKit and your Coviu account, you can make appointments for online consultations in HealthKit in the following way:
- Select the patient name and the correct fee;
- Change the appointment location to Online Consultation in the Location dropdown menu; and
- Save the appointment.
The appointment location is saved as Online Consultation, which is shown as a hyperlink. Click the hyperlink to enter the Coviu appointment session at the time of the appointment (clicking the hyperlink before the time of the appointment takes you to a screen that shows the appointment has not yet begun). Click the back button on your browser to return to your HealthKit calendar after the end of your Coviu appointment session.
Each Coviu appointment session has a unique link which protects security and patient confidentiality. You can share the unique Coviu appointment link with the patient in two ways:
- If the patient's email address is listed on the General page of the patient's profile: click the email icon next to the Online Consultation hyperlink to automatically review and send the link to the patient via email, so that the patient can click on the link to enter the Coviu appointment session at the time of the appointment; or
- If the patient's email address is not listed on the General page of the patient's profile: click the question mark icon next to the Online Consultation hyperlink to see and copy the unique Coviu appointment link so you can send the link to your patient via your own email account.
Disconnecting your Coviu account from your HealthKit
Please email HealthKit at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to disconnect your Coviu account from your HealthKit.
Please email Coviu at email@example.com if you want to deactivate your Coviu account.
How do I create an online video consultation appointment and see the patient online using HealthKit (and Coviu)?
Sign up to a Professional Account and connect your Coviu account to your HealthKit on the Settings page of your HealthKit. When you make an appointment, select Online Consultation as the location and click the Online Consultation hyperlink at the time of the appointment (you can also email the patient the Coviu appointment link if the patient's email address is listed on the General page of their patient profile).